Helma 2 Cornerstones
- Extract the framework from an actual application, rather than build a framework towards hypothesized applications.
- As much as possible of what gives shape to the framework should be implemented in JS, not Java.
- It's ok to do tricky things, but do them in an observable and traceable manner.
- Make assumptions for solving common tasks, but provide ways to override these assumptions.
- Make it easy to start a new application from scratch.
- Know about other framework's strengths, but don't copy. Copying just isn't fun.