Helma Meeting Spring 2008
The purpose of this page is to organize a real-world meeting of Helma developers. See Hannes' original Letter of Intent.
So after some people said they couldn't make it on May 7, the new and definite date is Tuesday, May 6 2008. We'll start at 10 am. The day will be organized in a barcamp/open space style. "No spectators, just participants".
As suggested by anton and others, the meeting will take place at werkzeugH in Vienna. Many thanks go to Manfred Wuits for hosting us! For those who don't know, this is a nice and bar-ish place, perfect to hang out, talk, and drink.
They currently open at 4pm, which means we could have the location for ourselves before 4pm _but_ either have to bring our own food + drinks or pay a waiter/waitress. After 4pm, there's going to be other people, so we'd have to remove our food/drinks but could still use the back part of the room (which can be separated from the rest, I think). // hns
should we have some kind of agenda or just a casual get-together? should it be like a stammtisch, a barcamp or a conference? -anton
There'll be a beamer, and there are coffee tables and sofas. The day will be organized like a barcamp, so participants are invited (if not expected :-) to hold a talk or presentation on a topic of their interest. Participants can announce their presentations in the list below. Final planning will take place in the first hours of the meeting.
- Hannes Wallnöfer: Script scopes and Modules in Helma NG. This will be both a introduction in the inner mechanics and what it means for development, as well as gathering feedback and creating consensus about how to do it in detail (functionnames, namespaces etc).
- Chris Zumbrunn: Setting up a non-profit organization to support the Helma project: Which kind of services should such an organization provide in order to best serve as a catalyst between different stakeholders in the Helma project? What should it do, what should it not do?
- Matthias: Learning from my experiments with implementing a RubyOnRails style framework with helma(-ng). and a discussion about where this could go.
- Christian Langreiter (6th & 7th fine)
- Anton Pirker (whenever, wherever (ok if it is somewhere in europe))
- Stefan Rinner
- Chris Zumbrunn (May 6th is fine, so would be May 7th)
- Hannes Wallnöfer
- Paul Alexandrow (May 6th is ok)
- Robert Thurnher (May 6th would be fine)
- Philipp Nowotny
- Thomas Lohninger (May 6 would be fine)
- Rainer Rynesch (whenever, but not 15. - 17, May 2008/linuxwochen wien/ )
- Robert Gaggl
- Andreas Bolka (May 6, please)
- Klemens Mantzos
- Philipp Naderer
- Walter Krivanek (Both dates OK)
- Matthias Platzer
- Johannes Lerch (May 6th = perfect)
- Andreas Unterluggauer
- Marius Lessiak