Helma NG 0.2
Helma NG 0.2 is the next version of Helma NG and was released on May 21 2008.
This page serves a historic purpose only as it was used as idea scratchpad during development. For up-to-date release info about the release, head over to the Helma NG 0.2 page in the NG space.
- helma.skin module implementing basic helma 1 skin functionality, subskins and skin inheritance.
- JSAdapter support for modules. Just define any of the following functions, and the module will behave accordingly.
- Support for continuations.
- Static file serving with the development server.
- A logging module based on Apache log4j.
- A modules module that provides meta information about loaded modules. In addition to an overview of loaded modules, currently I think we'll need the following:
- modules.name - the name of the current module
- modules.path - the path of the current module relative to the 'root' module (for href generation in simpleweb)
- modules.parent - a reference to the module that loaded the current module (for relative resource paths in skin loading)
- maybe a way to retrieve the file system path of the module, but I think getResource() covers this already.
- Port over more modules from Helma 1.
- Move over rhino serialization code from helma 1.
- Rethink the module namespace. Does very generic stuff such as File IO need the 'helma' prefix? (hns)
- Allow modules to define which properties to export, and keep the others private? This would again require some sort of wrapping.
- Support for running web server and shell simultaneously, running compiled and interpreted code in the same app, and launching the debugger in running apps.
- Include gobi markuplib as module?
- Make module for functional programming utils contiaing partial() from gobi markuplib. Check with functional programming pundits for what else to include.