Testing Frameworks specialized on functional web app testing.
- HttpUnit is a web testing extension for JUnit.
- JWebUnit is an extension of HttpUnit that provides a higher level interface.
- Selenium runs within the browser, using JS and IFrames.
- HtmlUnit is not related to j/Http/JWebUnit and is comparable in functionality to these.
- Jakarta Cactus looks like it is too low level, servlet oriented for our purposes.
- JMeter may also be used as a html/http testing framework through its proxy recorder functionality.
See http://java-source.net/open-source/web-testing-tools for a more complete list of frameworks.
Also of interest: A db testing framework for initializing and verifying db state: